Boston, Massachusetts is one of the oldest and most historic cities in the United States. There are quite a lot of fun things to do there on vacation. If you are considering a trip there, here are a few tips for what to do with your time, to have a highly entertaining vacation.
- Visit Fenway Park and take in a Boston Red Socks game. It is one of the oldest baseball stadiums in the country and steeped in history.
- Visit the Old North Church, where the lanterns were hung, as a signal that British soldiers were on their way, during the famous ride of Paul Revere, during the American Revolutionary War.
- Follow the Freedom Trail, a 2.5-mile, red-lined route that leads you to 16 historically significant sites — each one an authentic treasure. Explore museums and meetinghouses, churches, and burying grounds. Learn about the brave people who shaped our nation. Discover the rich history of the American Revolution, as it began in Boston, where every step tells a story.
- Visit the Charleston Navy Yard. It has museums and tall ships and is filled with historic sites.
- Do a downtown pub crawl. Boston is known for its good restaurants and even more for its lively local bars and pubs.
- Get pampered at a spa. As a major metropolitan city, it has many choices for relaxing and indulgent spa experiences. Here is a nice selection from Groupon to help you make a choice.
- If your timing is right, head to nearby Providence, RI and see a New England Patriots NFL game. Love them or hate them, they have 4 Super Bowl Championships. Go and cheer for or against them. Either way, you will see a good football game.
- Visit the Museum of Fine Arts, which has one of the world’s biggest collections of Asian artifacts.
- Try the food from the food trucks. You can find a ton of them at 20 public locations around town. They take street food to a gourmet level.
- Catch a concert from the Boston Pops Orchestra. They are one of the best symphony orchestras in the world, which specializes in exciting classical music that nearly everyone will recognize from popular culture.
Whether you have a day or a week to spend in Boston, you will surely find something special to do, every minute of every day you are there.