To manage a shoe store, it is necessary to consider some aspects, such as what audience addressed. Learn more in this article.
Guide to Opening and Managing a Shoe Store
Many people wonder how to manage a shoe store are afraid of being wrong and the business does not go as smoothly as expected. It is true that everything depends on several factors such as the economy, the place where you are located, prices, quality, attention to vendors, etc.
Regarding the management of the store, there is a long way to go before opening the business. Many of the tips you will read below may serve other sectors, and some of them are specific to this market.
How to open a shoe store: previous advice
Before opening a shoe store, you should know that there is a wide variety of models and every season there are new designs. Therefore, you must be careful and reduce your target business. That is, you can not provide footwear for all ages, because for that you need facilities too big and a bigger budget. For starters, you can choose a group of society that interests you.
For example, children’s shoes is something that will never go out of style, mainly because it is a basic need for children, and no parent will stop buying the extent of its ability.
Another sector that is interesting is that of women’s footwear . This is obvious for a reason: they never have enough. So if a couple gets their attention in the window, is likely to buy it. Everything depends on the value (although some do not look at this) and whether or not fashionable. You can leverage to provide accessories for shoes shop , such as bags, bracelets, earrings, necklaces and belts to match the outfit.
For men, tend to be more classic when buying shoes or slippers. They go to the store with a specific need and leave in five minutes with your new shoes. If you’re going to offer this service, you must have a rather traditional line and another focused on youth looking for the latest fashion.
Finally, store your footwear maybe you want to spend on something more specific such as dress shoes, athletic footwear or people who can not size consistent. It will also be a good option exploit this niche.
Steps to open a shop of shoes
Before knowing how to manage a shoe store , you need to know some steps to open the business:
- Choose a niche or target: For this, note than previously analyzed.
- Write a business plan: Includes analysis of similar shops, market and budget, as well as the estimated gain (be objective).
- Choose where the shoe store is installed: The busiest sites are those that tend to be more successful, but the rent is more expensive. Analyzes people who go through the door.
- Get the necessary permissions to open your business: In the clothing sector is simpler than for food, for example, so you will not have too many problems.
- Get good distributors or wholesalers: If you offer them designer footwear, most exclusive, see to it that an artist Draw up item that will sell.
- Decorate the shoe store to your taste, but also the customer in mind: If you comercializarás footwear for children, for example, Arrange a few tables to play, colorful furniture, etc.
- Promote your business: Use local media and advertising do not forget that a good website and social networking add many points to make yourself known.
3 keys to managing a shoe store
Once you’ve mounted the store, it is vital that you take a good organization of place. Pay attention to the following tips for managing a shoe store.
1. Be careful with the stock. While they have many different models and sizes, the order is synonymous with effectiveness. Not just because you find everything easily (and not make customers wait) but also have an overview of what you need to replenish when you make the order on the distributor or wholesaler. You can get good programs to have always updated stock and administer your shoe store.
2. Bring While accounting . You can do it the old fashioned way of using a notebook to record in a column that is sold and other expenses. This way you will know for sure what your net profit. Do not forget to write everything you paid (from services to an extra fee). You can also do it in a specific program or internet lead Excel spreadsheet.
3. Pay by term. This includes taxes, services, wages and raw materials. Any delay that you have become a headache. Be well organized in how you pay to avoid problems.
To manage a shoe store you do not need to be an accountant, but simply ordered and organized. This way, you will not have problems to succeed in your store.